Mr. Wang’s practice focuses on transactional commercial matters, particularly mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, direct foreign investment, technology transfer, franchise and hospitality development and operation.
Mr. Wang has rich legal experience, accumulated from working in a multi-cultural environment with various multinational clients across North America and Asia Pacific. His legal practice has covered a wide spectrum of businesses, from manufacture, infrastructure to IT and hospitality. He has worked both as private practitioner and in-house counsel, including senior legal counsel at a leading hospitality company in Hong Kong and Mainland China, and senior attorney at major North American law firms in Montreal and Hong Kong.
Mr. Wang is a frequent speaker at conferences held in Asia Pacific on a range of topics related to his legal work. Mr. Wang was born and brought up in China before immigrating to Canada. He is fluent in Chinese, English and French.
New York State, 1995
LL.B., B.C.L., McGill University, 1994
M.A., English Literature, Carleton University, 1989
M.A., English Translation, Beijing University of International Studies, 1981
B.A., English, University of International Business & Economics, 1978
- Supporting lodging development and operation for a leading hospitality company in Asia Pacific, including China
- Due diligence, negotiation and drafting for hotel management agreements, franchise agreements, branded residences agreements and work-out documents
- Negotiation and drafting on hotel operation and Owner dispute issues
- Advising multinational companies on ethics, legal compliance and internal investigations
- Advising multinational companies on cross-border investment in Asia Pacific in projects ranging from merger & acquisition, technology transfer, franchise & licensing, manufacture and infrastructure
- Advising Canadian companies on local real estate operation, licensing and general corporate and commercial matters